The Daterra Farm plantations are located in the Cerrado region (State of Minas Gerais) and in the Mogiana region (State of São Paulo) in Brazil
It’s a world leading farm in terms of both their environmental and social credentials.
Daterra's sustainable practices focus on:
1. Optimizing the water-use in coffee processing;
2. Treating and recycling the used water;
3. Producing and using organic fertilizer (Bio-Mass);
4. Preserving native forests, wildlife and waterfalls;
5. Educating local communities about the importance of ecology.
6. 50% of its lands have been designated as Natural Preservation Areas.
We currently stock their Sunrise selection which like all Daterra coffee is beautifully processed. The coffee is 100% Arabica and they use a mixture of varietals, some are individually selected, whilst others are blended together.
South & Central America
It’s a coffee that I keep coming back to because of its inherent quality. As an espresso it has a delicate light sweetness which is truly delicious especially in a well- made cappuccino.
The trick to getting the best out of this coffee is to take huge care over its extraction. That means not grinding the coffee too fine; ensuring the water when it hits the coffee is no hotter than 90 degree c.
We have been buying all our Brazil coffees from this wonderful farm for a number of years now and in all that time have never been disappointed with what we receive. It comes highly recommended.